Breast Care for Washington is proudly featured in this year’s “Gifts that Give Hope” alternative gift fair. The fair is an opportunity to shop for meaningful gifts this holiday season, with gifts starting as low as $5. Alternative gifts are donations to 15 local non-profits, and a card is provided that tells the recipient what was given in their honor.
This holiday season you have an opportunity to teach children about giving back and helping those less fortunate who are probably not on anyone’s gift list this year. In my family it is not uncommon to receive gifts like this! My little cousin received an alternative gift of a chicken that lays eggs for a family in Africa last year. She was totally wow’ed by this gift and is learning about giving back the real way: by watching her parents doing it. If you can’t make the fair, please visit the Gifts that Give Hope online shop which is always open!
- Gowns for 3 uninsured women receiving mammograms at our facility
- 1 week of gas for the Mammomobile
- A mammogram for an uninsured woman
- D. C. Alternative Gift Fair: Wednesday, December 11 (clutterfreenow.wordpress.com)
- Alternative Christmas Gifts (denadouglashobbs.com)
- 15th Annual Alternative Gift Fair in Takoma Park (clutterfreenow.wordpress.com)
- Heartfelt Gifts that Support Campo Urbano too! (campourbano.org)
- Giving Tree Supports Local Family (hotfitnessinc.wordpress.com)
- Ten tips to simplify your holiday (lusaorganics.typepad.com)
- Don’t Be a Scrooge!! – Gift Giving Etiquette (lead4style.com)