HEALTHCARE MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
I’m passionate about improving the delivery of healthcare and patient experiences. I’m motivated by work that has a positive impact on others’ lives. Imaginative and creative, I excel in bringing people together and empowering teams to succeed by leading with enthusiasm and energy.
Currently, I am the Director of Marketing and member of the Founding Board of Directors of Breast Care for Washington. In this role I develop the BCW’s identity, building BCW’s overarching brand strategy and leading BCW’s go-to-market marketing strategy.
As an Oncology Account Executive with Myriad Genetic Laboratories, I partner with health systems in the Washington D.C. metro area to develop oncology patient care models that integrate hereditary cancer risk assessment and cancer genetic testing.
In 2012, I founded PUGTATO: Adventures in Teamwork and Creativity, which aims to help its readers incorporate creative behavior in their lives, and focuses on ways that creativity, teamwork, and social media can improve the delivery of healthcare and patient experiences.
I’m curious about ways that creativity and teamwork can make this world a better place, and I am focused on the reality that humans can do amazing things when we work together.
I am a member of the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development and actively involved with patient advocacy. In 2011, I challenged a 15 year old notion, spearheading an initiative that opened access to hereditary cancer genetic testing for over 8,000 underserved patients in the state of Maryland.
LIFE LONG LEARNER
I hold an M.B.A. focused in Marketing and Strategy from the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, and a B.A. in Economics from Bucknell University. I have lived and studied abroad in France, Japan, Italy, Denmark, The Czech Republic, and Austria.
- Social media in healthcare could be enhanced by the new iPad (worldofdtcmarketing.com)
- Digital Marketing helps satisfy growing demand for qualified healthcare professionals (blogs.adobe.com)
- Life-Saving DNA Test Overlooked in Rise of Colon Cancer – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- 15 Predictions in Healthcare, Technology and Innovation for 2013 (scienceroll.com)
- What are the 7 mega-trends that will redefine the healthcare industry in 2013? (medcitynews.com)
- Myriad Genetics Sponsors Cancer Awareness Initiatives in Support of National Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Week (virtual-strategy.com)